We basically missed Spring and are headed right into Summer having barely left our homes. If you’re like me, I was more concerned with carving out a home office and home-schooling space than Spring cleaning and refreshing my décor. In fact, I think we added to the clutter instead of clearing it!
Now that we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here in NYC and school is over, it’s time for a Spring refresh (technically, it’s not summer yet as of this post). If you’re not ready for a whole house refresh, start with your bedroom.
Tips for a Spring (ok, almost Summer) bedroom refresh:
1. Clear out the clutter. Put away the clothes that have been draped over that corner chair for the last three months. Get rid of the stuff you won’t ever use again and use the chair for what it was intended … sitting!
2. Switch out your bedding. New, crisp sheets. Nothing better than that.
3. Swap out or add new bedside lamps. This is a great way to make the room feel finished.
4. Add throw pillows. If you don’t want to swap out all your bedding, throw pillows are an easy way to change up the mood with different colors and textures.
5. Accessorize. Think of it like adding jewelry to your outfit. Choose pieces that add pops of color and texture. Layer it, take a step back and then take one thing away (maybe!).